Tuesday, August 14, 2012

EASY Chicken Noodle Soup



chicken-noodle-soup.jpg


This recipe is my go to when I've got sick kids or we need a comforting and filling supper. I usually use rotisserie chicken when I make this, or any other leftover chicken I have on hand.  I sometimes even use canned chicken.  When I want to make it extra chunky I add the vegtables. Chicken soup really is a cure-all, especially when it can be made from start to finish in just over half an hour. Serve with biscuits or crispy crackers to sop up all the flavorful broth.


Ingredients
  • 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced (optional)
  • stalks celery, sliced (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon & 4 cups of water or use Chicken broth
  • 1 package linguine noodles
  • 3 cups chicken meat, cooked and chopped into bite size bits
  • 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 package chicken gravy mix (optional)
  • pinch salt and pepper
Directions
  1. (IF ADDING VEGTABLES) In a large stockpot, melt butter with olive oil over medium low heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
  2. Add Broth, cream of chicken soup  and chicken, turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
  3. Add egg noodles and cook for approximately 9 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
      Then add chicken gravy mix to thicken if needed.
      Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment